Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013 History problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2013 History problems

Installed act 2013 for a user a month or so ago, imported old data.  everything seemed to be working fine.  she called and said hisory/activities werent updating, i setup auto sync.  still data wouldnt show up unless the computer was restarted.  I installed hotfix 2 this morning, history and activities now show up 'on time' so to speak. 

However, now the preview function in history doesnt seem to work with emails.  If this user went to History on a contact, email subject and body would show in the preview.  Now, only the subject shows up unless i double click the history item and then click on the message attachement.  The entire email is there in a .msg format.  I have checked the options for Attach to Act Contact, it is set to get the subject, message and attachments. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MWRIThelp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2013 History problems

Hello MWRIThelp,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

For the 'preview' screen, the program is functioning as designed. When the history recording option is set to 'subject, message, and attachments' it attaches the complete email (.msg file). If the setting for 'subject and message' option, the preview will be displayed.

Note: The history recording option can be set for individual emails when the new email is created (before sending). The options will be listed under the add-ins tab. You may want to select the 'subject and message' option when sending an email without attachments.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author MWRIThelp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello MWRIThelp,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

For the 'preview' screen, the program is functioning as designed. When the history recording option is set to 'subject, message, and attachments' it attaches the complete email (.msg file). If the setting for 'subject and message' option, the preview will be displayed.

Note: The history recording option can be set for individual emails when the new email is created (before sending). The options will be listed under the add-ins tab. You may want to select the 'subject and message' option when sending an email without attachments.
Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you,

that was the problem.

I was using Act mail and the History was working but when the system got full it would delete all of my emails.So I got Outlook and installed it but I can not get the history function to work. I went online and saw that the History Queue was not linked, so i did that except the last step was to restart Act by double clicking   Act.Outlook.service.exe . Mine has Act.service.exe.config. Any Idea's

Thanks Doug