Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2013, Attach outlook email to ACT (history), anyone find this inconvenient

Astute Commentator

Act 2013, Attach outlook email to ACT (history), anyone find this inconvenient

I would like to capture the 'attachments', but the way that it handles this functionality makes it very inconvenient.

If you use the option in preferences to capture subject/message/attachments, then it ONLY gives you the subject and leaves the body of the message 'blank' on the right side... you must click the 'attachment' paperclip icon to get the body of hte email, as it stores the whole message as an 'attachment' that opens up within outlook again.  This is FINE, however i think it should also capture the body of the email as it does normally in the right side. this makes it extremely difficult to quickly reference an email. i shouldn't have to double click the attachment button to open it in outlook to view the message..... i should only ahev to do that if i want to see the attachment...  anyone have thoughts on this?  i guess my only suggestion is to include the body of the email in the right side in addition to how it currently works. 

act-attachments-email.jpg

Astute Commentator

Re: Act 2013, Attach outlook email to ACT (history), anyone find this inconvenient

Any answer to this?  I would like to know if there is a solution to this as well.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2013, Attach outlook email to ACT (history), anyone find this inconvenient

Sage ACT! is behaving as designed.  When 'including attachments', the whole email is attached to the history item.  Selecting the option without attachments will allow the text to be displayed.  To request a change to this behavior, please post an item in the Share Your Ideas forum.

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

yes it is behaving as designed but it should be designed 'better'.... i believe i already did post it to the share ideas forum, but anyone else that agree's with me should also post this. It is a design that should be fixed.