Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2012 won't open

Copper Contributor

Act! 2012 won't open

HELP!  Last Thursday my Act! 2012 was running just fine.  On Friday I started getting the following message from trying to open Act:

Pop Up Box Name: Actsage.exe - Application Error

Content: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0x17bc (6076), Thread ID=0x17e8 (6120)

Today, Monday, I've performed the following:

• Per      the instructions in the knowledgebase, I have uninstalled Act! 2012      software and two instances of Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 (Client &      Extended (?))
  • Rebooted      the computer
  • I      attempted to download the trial version of 2012 from the web site;      unfortunately only version 2013 appears to be available on the Sage Act!      website
  • I      found in my Downloads folder the following zip:

ACT_Pro_2012_SP1_US_CA_LA.zip

I double clicked the zip file, files were unzipped and the program appeared to load just fine.  However, when I double clicked the icon, a brief pop up window appears saying:

Sage act has stopped working / Windows is checking for a solution to this problem… 

Nothing further happens.

Although uninstalling the Act! software seemed to complete correctly.  The knowledgebase instructions indicate that if ACT! does not complete the uninstall, it can be manually done by referencing Answer ID: 13663.  These instructions pertaining to version 2006 or earlier.  Can it really be that the knowledgebase has no "knowledge" on versions older than 2006?

Please help me resolve this!  Thanks!!!

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 won't open

ALSO:  I also ran the utility to check my version of .NET Framework.  It said my version of fine.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 won't open

Here is an article which may resolve your issue: KB Article 20539

Greg Martin
Sage