Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 will not open after it is closed.

Act 2012 will not open after it is closed.

I am running Windows 7 64.  When I open ACT it works fine.  If I shut it down and try and reopen the program, it will not open.  I do not even see the opening screen.  If I restart the system, it works fine.  Not sure what is happening.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 will not open after it is closed.

Hello barrytaylor,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This may be due to the ACT! process not properly closing. After you close ACT!, open your Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del), go to the Processes tab, and see if the ActSage.exe*32 process is ending (may take several seconds)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes, that file is still running.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

ACT! cannot reopen if there is already an ActSage.exe process running, so it looks like something is holding that process open. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for possible causes and solutions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2751...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.