Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 pro registered but still working as Demo

TA

Act 2012 pro registered but still working as Demo

I have Registered my ACT  2012 pro   however the software won't covert to full version Its is still working in demo mode and will not allow me to import contacts in to ACT 2012 pro.  

I down loaded software from Sage's Act  web site I had Act alos send me the software on CD. Should I uninstall and reinstall? or is there a easier fix. T.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 pro registered but still working as Demo

[ Edited ]

Hello TA,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The "trial" version is the same as the "full" version, the only difference being that the trial will expire if not registered within 30 days of installation. When you say that ACT! is running in demo mode, do you mean that it failed to activate, in which case you get a prompt to register each time you open the program; or are you running the "ACT2012Demo" database. For the latter, the demo database is intended just for demonstration and testing and should not be used as your own - you will need to create and use your own database.

You also mentioned it will not allow you to import in contacts. Is there an error message? What does the import log say? Is the import completing but no contacts going in?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This is to Greg Hollister or anyone else who can answer.

The person who previously asked about a problem with importing contacts into ACT after registering it - my issue is similar; however I am definately NOT in trial or demo mode; my software is fully functional

I have tried importing a list 3 different ways:  as an Excel file, as .txt and as .csv

Every time the system tells me it was successful but the log appears empty.  The number of contacts does NOT increase, and I cannot the new contacts in the database.

What could the problem possibly be?

Copper Elite Contributor

It is important to understand how imports work in Act!

The best way to get a handle on this is to walk through the "Custom" import steps.

Don't do the "Typical" import.

It would also be a good idea to check your Duplicate Checking settings to understand that aspect of Act! imports.

Hope this helps.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

Thank you for those ideas; however I am a "seasoned" ACT user and I even created a custom map so that all of my fields would match exactly with ACT.

the import is for over 600 contacts and not even 1 took.

ideas?

Copper Elite Contributor

Which fields are you using for Duplicate Checking (if any)?

What have you set as your Contact Merge Options?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Bronze Super Contributor

Likely not the issue here if you're using 2012, but are you importing FirstName and LastName or as Contact?

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26104/