Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 is causing blue screens, draining computer resources

Act 2012 is causing blue screens, draining computer resources

We have a 3 users on ACT Premium 2012 and we are all having issues.  I have tolerated this for months, but the blue screens are happening more often to me.  They never happen when ACT is closed, so it has been pretty easy to attribute to ACT.  We are considering other CRM software and will have too lose our investment in ACT.  While I regret to do this after years using ACT, it is not working out.  Any ideas to remedy this will be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2012 is causing blue screens, draining computer resources

Hello Mitchell EDGE,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

We aren't aware of an issue with Sage ACT! causing blue screen issues.

Noting that this is happening to multiple workstations, I would look for a common environmental factor, such as anti-virus software.  Use the following article to add exceptions to your anti-virus/firewall software: KB Article 25125

Look at the Windows Event Viewer for errors recorded at the time of the failure.  

Have you noted a particular function that is more likely to cause the issue?  

What is your operating system?

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Act 2012 is causing blue screens, draining computer resources

Greg:

Thank you for your information.  I am using Windows XP Pro.  A coworker that also had this issue is using Windows 7.  While I have not noted a particular funtion, after several hours I note where I click another program or window and the switch is slow and I get the bleed over of the images.  Then a few moments later I get the blue screen.

Best,

Mitchell