Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 freezes / PSIService crashes after changing hardware/migrating to XenServer/Vmware?

Act 2012 freezes / PSIService crashes after changing hardware/migrating to XenServer/Vmware?

Hi Guys,

We run ACT 2012 Premium (14.1.108.0) in each of our offices - currently on physical hardware, but we've recently opened up in Ireland, and provisioned our entire server enrivonment in VM's in Citrix XenServer.  Then found that getting a server installed with XenServer in Ireland is an epic PITA, so at the last minute we ended up with a plain 2008R2 server running VMWare Workstation, and had to migrate our VM's across to VMware.

That all went well, except for ACT.  On the server machine, it simply opens and hangs with a white screen.  The Event Log shows lots and lots of exceptions from PSIService_2.exe.

And then this weekend we did a P2V of our rather aging SBS2008 server in our first office. Powered the new VM up inside XenServer, and what do you know? Act is now failing on there also with the same PSIService_2.exe errors.

We've reset preferences, but that doesn't help..

Has anyone had this problem? Uninstalling and Reinstalling ACT hasn't helped.. we're now rather out of ideas!  I'm talking to our local Act guys, but I thought I'd post here as well, as surely someone has moved the HDD of an ACT install to new physical (or virtual) hardware and hit this problem before??

Thanks,

Damien

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act 2012 freezes / PSIService crashes after changing hardware/migrating to XenServer/Vmware?

Reinstall the protexis service, that may well fix it for you: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23027/

Failing that, I'd contact an ACC (ACT! Certified Consultant that's nearby). If you can't find one close, email me and I'll give you a few contacts over there.