Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2012 doesn't show up in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Act! 2012 doesn't show up in Outlook

I am trying to attach an email to a corporate record, however there is no option in my Outlook to actually do this. There isn't anything in Outlook related to Act!. Please help.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 doesn't show up in Outlook

Which version of Outlook do you have? Did you upgrade from a earlier version of Act?

Copper Contributor

Hi. I have Outlook 2007. This is a clean install of 2012. Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Have you setup the outlook integration? You can reference help in order to provide details on how to do this.  Buttons won't appear in outlook until the setup portion is complete.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

Okay. Thanks! I thought it was automatic.

Copper Contributor

Hi again. I see some Outlook synchronization menu items, however I don't see anywhere how to actually integrate the email capabiliites.

Copper Contributor

Here you go -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26832/kw/how%20to%20setup%20outlook%20integ...

When it asks you to select an ACT! db to the address book that is where you select the databases you want Outlook to integrate with. If you are using more than one db just keep in mind that only the default db will get the automatic history creation. Also, once you are are all done you'll likely need to restart outlook in order for the changes to take effect.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

Thanks alot. I'll give that a try.

Copper Contributor

Okay, so I went through the process and restarted both apps. I still can't figure out how to attach a specific email to a company record. I've tried clicking on all of the buttons.

Copper Contributor

Can you now write outlook emails through Act! 2012? Since I use Outlook 2010 I forgot exactly how to do it in 2007. I think you should be able to highlight the message and either right click to get the Act menu choices or there is an Act button(s) on the right side top menu. The button may be off the page so you have to click other or another like button to show the Act menu.