Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2012 doesn't show up in Outlook

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2012 doesn't show up in Outlook

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. When I right-click on an email in Outlook, nothing appears that is Act! relevant. On the upper right menu I only have these buttons:

1. On-demand email scan

2. On-demand email scan properties

3. Attach email to contacts (when I click on this, I can attach an email to a contact, but NOT a company. Even when I pick 'Company' instead of 'Contact', it still wants me to attach to a contact at the company. This email is a company level email; it isn't meant to be attached to a contact.)

4. Quick Attach (when I click on this a message pops up that implies that all my emails are going to be attached. Gah! I certainly don't want that! How to undo this?)

Also, if you have any pull in the 'features we should include' department, please have the powers that be populate the contact's address fields with the address fields of a company when I link the contact to the company. It's kind of crazy that I have to retype the same address in for all of my contacts for a given company. THanks.

Copper Contributor

#1 and #2 have nothing to do with ACT!. It was probably put there by your anti-virus.

Since you are listing buttons # 3 and #4 below this implies the integration is setup and working. - Good. A couple of things to mention about the two ACT! buttons.

Button  #3 allows you to attach emails to contacts. ACT! is a contact centric application and all things essentially hang off of contacts. Security model, notes, histories, companies, opportunities etc.  Companies allows you to view a collection of contacts specific with that company. You can attach an email to a contact at a company and then be able to view a roll-up of all notes/histories for all contacts within that company. Companies in a sense isn't it's own record like a contact is so you cannot attach items to that entity. I think you are wanting to use companies much like an Account in which that behavior would be the same as contacts. That's outside the realm of contact management.

#4 Quick attach will only attach the highlighted email to a contact.

I would suggest though that you provide your feedback in the feature request section of the boards.

Keith Saccuci
ACT! R&D
Copper Contributor

Keith, when I highlight an email in Outlook and click on Quick Attach, the only thing that happens is a beep and a window that pops up that says "Messages will be attached to Act! contacts". That's all that happens. It actually doesn't attach the email to anything, and this message really seems to pertain to functionality that relates to the future rather than what I'm actually trying to do. Thanks.