Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 Won't open - Resolution of the dependency failed

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 2012 Won't open - Resolution of the dependency failed

My base computer will not open the Act program at all. I have sent several notifications to Act and have had no response. Luckily i have my netbook sync'd otherwise I would be in real trouble. The error codes are a full pages (good grief). HELP!

Here are the first few lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Feedback>

<!--Data provided by the Feedback form on error-->

<Title>AutoSubmit_x0020_Issue</Title>

<Feature>AutoSubmit</Feature>

<Severity>_x0032_3</Severity>

<Tier>Standard</Tier>

<VersionFound>_x0031_4</VersionFound>

<BuildFound>_x0031_08</BuildFound>

<ErrorDescription>

<Description>Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException:_x0020_Resolution_x0020_of_x0020

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author storm91360
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2012 Won't open - Resolution of the dependency failed

All Replies
Silver Contributor

Looks like a corupt preferences file. You can delete and recreate without reloading the ACT program or damaging your database.  here are instructions.  http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770/~/how-to-rebuild-the-sage-act!-prefer...

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

The first three options did not work, I did not go to the "Tahoma" option. Here is some additional error information:

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

Copper Contributor

Before I rebuild the preference file here is the beginning of the error code to see if this gives you any better idea of how to resolve this issue:

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

You should go to the Tahoma option and also try the 5th option after that ...

For that error, you need to try each of the items listed in that KB in the order they are listed.
Copper Contributor

Have tried all 5 of the options with no success. Is the next step to "rebuild" the preference files?

Thanks for your assistance,

Rod

Solution
Accepted by topic author storm91360
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Copper Contributor

Mike,

I was working off of JK's list (they sounded simpler and I was so worried I would loose information - silly me) and his suggestions did not work (but thanks to him for the ideas). I tried yours and presto, all is good in the world again. You are my hero. Thanks for the help!

Best,

Rod