Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 SP1 installation issue

Act 2012 SP1 installation issue

When attempting to install ACT 2012 SP1 I get an error 1603 which seems to mean I am not running as an administrator which I am. I am running Windows 7 and after the roll back My ACT2012 will  no long open. I have gotten an error string which has been sent to ACT but I believe is I can succesfully install the SP1 I will be all set. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 2012 SP1 installation issue

Make sure that you right click and "run as administrator" when doing any install to windows 7

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

thank you for the help but after right clicking and running as administrator I still get the fatal error 1603

Bronze Contributor

Generally if I get it a second time it usually means to remove the SQL all together and then do a manual install of SQL. You will find articles for both in the knowledgebase.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

Bhiller,

If you are still having an issue, try the following:

- Run ACT!Uninstaller utility; to clean up the installation.  KB Article 19338

- Use the download link I have provided in your Private Notes to install the 2012 program with the SP1 update already included.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Paul, did you ever get to that "FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions"?

I'd like that app.

thanks,

terry wall