Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2012 - No option for Outlook

Act 2012 - No option for Outlook

Yesterday I recieved an "update" for ACT message.  I ran the update and it ended up uninstalling ACT from my system. I did a complete new install (ACT 2012) to get back up and running. Most of my options and settings did not change and were there when I started ACT, but email was not.  I ran the email setup wizard but it lists Internet Mail as the ONLY option.  Outlook does not show at all (and nor does ACT email if that is still an option).  I have used this computer, this setup with no problems for two years and have used ACT and Outlook for over 10 years - so I cannot see where anything has or should have changed.  To be clear, I am running WIN 7 (32 bit), Outlook 2010 (32 bit), ACT 2012.  Surely there MUST be a simple solution to this?  I have tried the uninstall/reinstall of both Outlook and ACT, no success.  HELP!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2012 - No option for Outlook

Hello St1400,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with several steps to troubleshoot/resolve this issue: KB Article 14425

Greg Martin
Sage

Does anyone have a copy of KB Article 14425 anymore.  Since ACT was sold, I cannot find the article in the database on how to resolve my Outlook issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

You just need to search the knowledgebase for that id number.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14425/kw/14425

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

For what it's worth to you (and now you also know where to get that document)....

I tried ALL of the suggestions available to me; NONE of them worked and I wasted SO MUCH time trying.  In the end, I (reluctantly) upgraded ACT.  And while I now have Outlook integration again, the upgrade does not really give you much over 2012 version.  I figured the cost of my time was more valuable than the upgrade price.  If I had not been under a time-crunch at the time, I would have switched to Goldmine.  I KNOW I would have been happier and had less problems.

That said....SAVE YOURSELF a whole lot of trouble and just upgrade if you can.  The uninstall/reinstall just is NOT worth the time to "maybe" have success.

Cheers

Thank you.  Yes, it has been very frustrating.  Spent several weeks trying to resolve.