Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 will not start after upgrading from 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2011 will not start after upgrading from 2010

I upgraded about a month ago to 2011 from 2010.  The upgrade seemed to go fine.  Act will start if I reboot my computer and start ACT before starting anything else.  As I work through the day, I may go back and try to open ACT again and it will not start.  There is no error message, just brief hour glass and nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Jim

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 will not start after upgrading from 2010

We've seen this situation when there is a conflict with a screen sharing software installed.  To date, we've seen this with TeamView and Samsung Multi-screen.  If you happen to have Teamviewer installed, you can resolve this by disabling the Quick Connect option.  The only option to resolve this with Samsung Multi-screen is to disable the multi-screen program.

KB Article 27512

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

It sounds as if the ActSage.exe process is not ending from the previous close - preventing it from opening on subsequent attempts.  You can check this by:

- right click on application bar across the bottom of the screen

- select 'Start Task Manager' or 'Task Manager' (depending on operating system)

- on the Processes tab, click on Image Name heading

- look for ActSage.exe

- if it is listed > left click on it to highlight > then select End Process

- you can now launch ACT!

Greg Martin
Sage

You were correct.  I terminated the process and it started fine.  Repeated the process again.  So now the question is why?  Is there a fix?  Thanks.

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

We've seen this situation when there is a conflict with a screen sharing software installed.  To date, we've seen this with TeamView and Samsung Multi-screen.  If you happen to have Teamviewer installed, you can resolve this by disabling the Quick Connect option.  The only option to resolve this with Samsung Multi-screen is to disable the multi-screen program.

KB Article 27512

Greg Martin
Sage

Teamviewer was the culprit.  Disabled quick connect and all is well.  Thanks very much for the help.