Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 standard slow after sending email using Otlook 2010 until Alarm window is closed down

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2011 standard slow after sending email using Otlook 2010 until Alarm window is closed down

Have new install of Act 2011 sp1 hf1 with outlook 2010.

Act runs fine until an email is raised and sent or cancelled.

ActSage.exe process then sparks up every 6 seconds and uses 25% processor for 2 seconds. This is enough to make data entry "stuttery".

If I close the "Alarm" mini window down it is all OK again, reducing the windows does help.

However we would like to use the alarm window, anyone any ideas?

The Dell came with Trend AV which I removed in the fault tracking prcocess, it is now running AVG free, but acts the same with or without it.

I have reinstalled ACT a number of times before tracking the problem down to the Alarm window, after an email!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author hutchweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 standard slow after sending email using Otlook 2010 until Alarm window is closed down

Another consideration is to apply the latest hotfix for ACT! 2011 SP1,  Hot Fix 6 

Hot Fix 3 fixed an issue where, after sending an email from ACT! where ACT! is integrated with Outlook, slowed the activities area of ACT!  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 standard slow after sending email using Otlook 2010 until Alarm window is closed down

Hello hutchweb,
This may be due to ACT! conflicting with another application's Outlook add-in (email scanner, iTunes, Adobe). Try disabling all other third-addins in Outlook to narrow down which one may be causing the issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author hutchweb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Another consideration is to apply the latest hotfix for ACT! 2011 SP1,  Hot Fix 6 

Hot Fix 3 fixed an issue where, after sending an email from ACT! where ACT! is integrated with Outlook, slowed the activities area of ACT!  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Thanks for those tips, will double check but I dont think there are any other addins in Outlook.

HF6 sounds interesting, I didnt notice that a similar problem was fixed by it. As we have notebooks out on the road updates get a bit complex so will have to wait till later in the week.

Just to confirm that hf6 has fixed it. Many thanks, I should have read back further and noticed the hf3 entries. But the 5 other machines have all been fine on hf1.