10-06-2010 10:40 AM
05-10-2011 06:32 PM
I happen to have exactly this same problem right now and found this thread when I searched the Forum.
I'm using ACT! 2011 Premium and have the same exact problem. I right click on the Vcard, open with ACT!, get the dialog box, but the process completes without importing the (new) contact.
Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
01-25-2012 11:58 AM
The same is happen for me since I re-installed Act! 2011. It used to work but I can't remember if I did something to make it work. Trying to import / merge a vcf from LinkedIn (did did work before).
01-25-2012 04:30 PM
I actually wound up plunking down the $ for the add on since I needed the capability. It's a shame that this is advertised as being built into ACT! but doesn't work, just like the Google integration doesn't work correctly and I wound up having to go back to CompanionLink for a capability that's supposed to be built into ACT!
Quite pathetic actually.
02-04-2012 02:20 PM
I figured it out! I can (you can) now import / merge a VCard from LinkedIn or anywhere else directly into ACT!.
1) Open any folder in Windows Explorer
2) Select Tools then Folder Options
3) Select the File Types tab
4) Scroll down and highlight Extension VCF, vCard file
5) Click the Advance button then the Edit button
6) In the Application used to perform action box type "C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe" /v "%1" or wherever ACT is on your computer. Note it's the ActSage.exe file (a least for ACT 2011).
The exact syntax is important.
a) Quotes around the path then
b) Space /v space - without quotes then
c) Quote %1 quote.
7) You can type ACT! in the Application box - not necessary.
8) Click the OK button
If you want to change the icon to ACT! - not necessary
1) Click the Change Icon button
2) Click Browse to or type C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe. No quotes.
No additional software needed just part of Windows. I hope this helps.
10-18-2012 07:50 AM
having problem changing "open with"
I am using Win 7
FIle type tab is not there
I have tried doing file association but it keeps taking me to browse programs
Cant seem to find away to to add " /v "%1