Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 no Excel option when importing

Act 2011 no Excel option when importing

Act 2011 Pro (13.1.111.0)

I have a spreadsheet of contacts I would like to import into our database. However when I run the imort wizard there is no Excel option in the "What type of file do you want to import?" drop down box.

Untitled.jpg

Why do I not get the Excel option?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 no Excel option when importing

Hi Sunstate,

You do not get an excel option as it is not supported in this version, it is available in later versions however.

Luckily for you it is very easy to put an excel document into a format that your version of Act! will recognise though.

Simply open your excel document, go to File>Save as... (you will also need to click "other formats" if you are using Office 2007 or later) select either Text (tab delimited) ir CSV (comma delimited) and save your document.

you can then select the corresponding option from the drop down, load up your file and import your data.

Be aware that if there are already commas or tabbed spaces in your data, then this will not work as you want, you will want to remove those prior to saving the document in a new format.

Cheers,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

There are videos and articles all over the place saying that the Excel functionality was added in 2011. Is this a feature of Premium and not Pro?

Copper Elite Contributor

Sorry,

You are correct, it was, and appears that it should be available in Pro.  which leads me to believe that there is another reason it is not appearing.

Is the Act! plugin for excel disabled perhaps?

or are you using a version of Office that might not be compatible with your version of act!? (office 2013 for example)

I would start there.  worst case scenario, you can still import your data as a CSV file.

Cheers

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Ahhh, yeah it is Excel 2013. Didn't think of that. I'll just use a CSV, I was more curious than anything.