Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 menu & toolbars error message

Master Commentator

Act 2011 menu & toolbars error message

Hello,

In the contact list view or contact detail view in the demo database, when I do Tools - - > Customize Menus and toolbars, I get the error message:

"Compatible bitmap cannot be created. The screen bitmap format cannot be determined"

What does this error mean?

When I click Ok on the error message dialog box, the Customize Menus and Toobars dialog box opens, but I don't know what is causing the error message to appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tracy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 menu & toolbars error message

Hello Tracy,

This error may indicate that you need to update your video driver. Please see KB Article 26986 for more information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Master Commentator

Re: Act 2011 menu & toolbars error message

Hi Greg,

I check the dpi thing and it is set as the instructions on the kb article state.

I just checked the video driver installed versus the latest one listed on the web site, but right now I can't find a date for the one installed on my laptop. The latest one that come out is months before my computer was purchased. When I have the patience to call the video driver maker to find out what's going on, I will.

thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Tracy