Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 is SLOW

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2011 is SLOW

I have experienced those confusing installer messages about not enough disk space available. It appears that this occures when there are pending Windows 7 Updates that were downloaded during the night but haven't been fully installed, yet. By completing those installs and rebooting, the ACT HotFix 3 finally installer worked for me.

Platinum Super Contributor

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have found this message has been caused by a Microsoft bug that is caused by the free space on the drive being divisible by 4. If you copy something like a 2GB into the drive concerned then it has always fixed it for me.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

I forgot to say thanks!!! Hotfix 3 did, indeed, resolve the "not responding" and slow speed issue when updating activities in ACT 2011.
:-)

Has this issue been addressed yet?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hotfix 3 resolved this issue for us.

Rick

Copper Contributor

Actually, it was solved by just running as administrator, even though I'm already at admin level. Whatever....

DB

I have been on this thread for months.  I do want to report that we find the lastest hotfix solved the calendar slowdown issues completely.  As a side note, we are still likely to switch to Dynamics as this issue essentially made it impossible to work for more than 6 months with our somewhat complicated calendars.  Combined with other past issues, the uncertainty that next year's upgrade will leave us "dead in the water" has forced us to look toward moving away from the product.

-Mark

Copper Contributor

I am currently using ACT2009 on WinXp machines and was seriously considering upgrading to 2011 but after reading all of the comments on this thread and others, I have decided to stick with 2009 as it gives us everything we need at this point while still being quite zippy.  I hope I won't need to upgrade any time soon.   I suppose we may have to when we are forced to go to windows 7 but maybe by then, ACT will have all the bugs worked out.

Copper Contributor

.... good luck with that.