Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 error Create Company from contact option

Master Commentator

Act 2011 error Create Company from contact option

[ Edited ]

Hello,

From a contact view, when I open the Contacts menu and select the option "Create Company from Contact", I get an error message that says that the Customer ID field in the Company table is set to read only and cannot be modified.

Is a solution for this error being worked on?

If I'm not mistaken this same problem existed in ACT 2010.

Thank you

Tracy

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 error Create Company from contact option

Customer ID is not a default field...

Have you gone in to Define Fields for the company table and looked the Field Security?

It sounds to me like you have a custom field with the Read Only setting applied...

You can test out that this is specific to this database by opening the Act! demo database and attempting to Create Company function...

Master Commentator

Re: Act 2011 error Create Company from contact option

Hi Mi Scott,

I do not understand your reply.
I didn't say that the Customer ID field is a default field or that it is a customer field.

I am using the act demo database for testing, which is why I am bringing this issue up.

The problem is that when you use the menu option Contacts - - > Create Company from Contact, you should not get an error, but you do. I'm hoping that one of the moderators will see this message, look into it and add it to the list of issues that needs to be fixed.

I know that I could change the permission for the Contact ID field, but users should not have to go and change the field to get an item on the menu to work. The developers should fix the issue. Never mind, that changing the permission to get this to work, could easily cause something else not to work.

I hope this make sense.

Tracy