Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 email issues

Act 2011 email issues

[ Edited ]

I have experienced a number of problems with the email function since I upgraded from Act 2010.

I am using Act 2011 with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 x64

1) When I have a contact open and click on the individual's E-mail link ((in blue font and underlined) to write an email, I get the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2) emails sent through Outlook 2010 will not attach to the contact. I have already done a clean reinstall

3) I can't find the queue (the screen that I had in 2010 that showed what emails had/had not attached to contacts).

4) cannot complete mail merge. As Act 2011 runs through the names on the mail merge list, each one generates same error as in 1): "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Any help would be appreciated.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 email issues

Is Outlook installed in 32bit mode - don't think it works in 64bit
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

I thought someone might ask that question, yes, I have the 32-bit version of Outlook 2010.

I have solved my issue 1). Reading around for solutions to email problems, SQL sometimes seemed to be an issue, so I reinstalled SQL express (x86 and x64 versions) and now when I click on the email address in a contact I get the requisite blank email message generated by Outlook.

However, the recording of history problem remains. Act 2010, I remember there being a screen that acted as the interface between Outlook and Act. This screen listed all the messages that were recently attached/not attached to the contact, if the message was not attached you could use it to do a manual attach.

I can't find this screen in Act 2011 using Outlook 2010. Also, when using the manual attach using the Act add-in within Outlook, the message still does not attach.

Once again, any solutions would be helpful.

I am having the same issue with ACT 2011 email.  I have ACT 2011 installed on 2 Windows 7 machines and have no problem with send email by clicking the email in ACT.  On my Windows XP machine, everything works fine in ACT 2011, except when I click on an email link, the email message will not pop up, rather, I get the generic message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any suggestions?

We are having the same issues. I also have an additional error which I have posted. All of our XP systems can do the mail merge fine but the Windows 7 systems have issues. It started about 6 weeks ago with some updates on Windows. Everything was working fine before these updates.  Please I need help on this matter!  As you may well know Act 2011 does not work that well on slower systems.