Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 dashboard component question

Master Commentator

Act 2011 dashboard component question

Hello,

On the activities dashboard is a component named "Activites by type".  Is this a new or custom component? I'm asking because I don't see it listed in the dashboard designer toolbox, like the other components are, so I don't know where it came from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tracy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 dashboard component question

Tracy,
I don't see it either as one of the standard components. It sounds like a custom component added by a user or an add-on product.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Master Commentator

Hi Greg,

I am using the demo database that comes with act 2011.
Master Commentator

Hi Greg,

Can you check with the developers to see if they created the activities by type component for the demo?

Thank you
Tracy
Platinum Super Contributor

Determined that the 'Activities by Type' isn't a special item just for the Demo, the same component is available in a new database also.  I've created a new database in the latest build of 2011 and the 'Activities Dashboard' contains a component entitled 'Activities by Type'... looking into this component, determined that it is actually the component listed in the Dashboard Editor called 'My Activities'.  The only difference is that the header information has been changed to read 'Activities by Type' instead of 'My Activities' (Edit Header/Footer option in editor). 

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

For further clarification, the My Activities component is only seen in Sage ACT! 2011 Pro. The counterpart in Sage ACT! 2011 Premium is called Activities By User, with the difference being that the Premium component gives you the option to select users.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Master Commentator

Hi Greg,

I did exactly what you listed and mine still says "activities by user".

I thought that my version of act 2011 may not be the latest, so I used the option on the help menu to check for an update. I saw the message that I had the current version, so I checked. The version I have is Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0. Is that truly the latest version.

It's not a big deal, now I'm just curious why I'm getting different results then you are.

Tracy
Master Commentator

Hi Greig,
The plot thickens LOL. I'm having enough to contend with, with the PRO version. Different functionality in the Premium version would truly mess me up right about now, but thanks for the warning.

Tracy