Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 calender suddenly stopped syncing with Outlook 2007

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act 2011 calender suddenly stopped syncing with Outlook 2007

Calendar syncing was working perfect then suddenly stopped.  Error message said process failed.  I have tried reestablishing sync with no luck.  Tried every solution I could find. 

I can still link emails to Act accounts.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author docmoney
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 calender suddenly stopped syncing with Outlook 2007

[ Edited ]

If you have a 64-bit operating system, then use the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows" in the command screen when registering the redemption.dll file. Browse to that location in Windows explorer and verify the file is there.

Also, the first KB article referring to UAC applies to both 2011 and 2012, if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7.

P.S. Sorry for the confusion - I will update the second article to include the 64-bit path

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello docmoney,
Please see if the suggested in the following Knowledgebase articles help to resolve the issue:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2759...

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2835...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The first link was for Act 2012 and I am using Act Pro 2011. 

Tried 2nd link 3 times and the redemption.dll file could not be found.  Tested sync anyway and got the same failed sync message.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for trying.

Solution
Accepted by topic author docmoney
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

If you have a 64-bit operating system, then use the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows" in the command screen when registering the redemption.dll file. Browse to that location in Windows explorer and verify the file is there.

Also, the first KB article referring to UAC applies to both 2011 and 2012, if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7.

P.S. Sorry for the confusion - I will update the second article to include the 64-bit path

Greig Hollister

The solution using (x86) worked. Thanks.

While you say the other solution states it works with 2011  the page specifically states 2012 and says not to use with previous versions.  If it is to include 2011, then 2011 needs to be included in the solution.

I'm not seeing that statement in either of the articles I provided. Are you seeing this in another article?

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

I tried using the 1st link as well. We use ACT Pro 2011/Outlook 2010 on Server 2008 SP1 and when we tried to install the update, it said that it was not compatible. All of our emails (when sent to the contact) used to attach to the contact in ACT. Now it does not. We cannot even perform the "Quick Attach." please advise
Copper Contributor

By the way... We have the hot fix 1. I found that Pro 2011 has SEVERAL HOT FIXES... Can I just by pass all of the fixes and go to the latest one?
Copper Contributor

On another note.... We changed the name of our DB and went to How to Add My Sage ACT! Address Book to Microsoft® Outlook® 2010. It fixed it right up!

Still wondering about the hot fix question though

[ Edited ]

Hello jaylonp,
ACT! hot fixes are cumulative, so applying the latest hot fix will include the fixes in earlier hot fixes for that version. Keep in mind that ACT! hot fixes are specific to the Service Pack for that version of ACT!, such as Service Pack 1 (SP1). So ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 6 is the latest hot fix for ACT! 2011 SP1

Greig Hollister