Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Update

Act 2011 Update

I just installed Act 2011 on to a new computer re: Windows 7.  The version on my desktop is 13.1.111.0. Hotfix 1.  The version on  that installed from my original software is 13.0.401.0. Hot fix 2.  I have two problems.

1.  After calling technical support and they spending hours on my machine it still does not work!  The tech tried to install the update but it would not accept it.  Then the original program got corrupted so he reinstalled it remotely with an updated version.  Still didn't work so he had me download the current program in a zip file as it was taking up a lot of time.  He told me what to do etc. but the updated version just will not install.  I called again but get a recording.  If he can't get it to work nor I can/will they just send me a disc with the current version????

2. I never set up a password in Act as I am the only one who uses it. Now it keeps coming up "Could not authenticate user name and verify password".  I looked in "About Act" and my name and license number is there.

I am totally frustrated that I can not use my database on my desktop until these issues are resolved.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Update

Hello Deerfield,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage