Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2011 Unable to "See" Outlook 2010

WMH

Act! 2011 Unable to "See" Outlook 2010

[ Edited ]

Hello All -- This appears to be a fairly common problem throughout the Act! Community, affecting some users of Act! 2010 and earlier as well.  In a nutshell, I am unable to make Act! 2011 "see" Outlook 2010 on the system, so there is no way to import the Outlook address book, manage e-mail, sync calendars, etc.  In my case, this renders my Act! license totally unusable, and may finally be the end-of-the-road for me and this hairy, warty old applicaton, which I've used off and on since version 1.0 of Act! for Windows, in the early 1990s.  I am running 64-bit Windows 7, with 32-bit Outlook 2010, and Act! 2011 Pro, on a brand new 8-core Intel i7 processor, with 8GB of RAM.  I have tried every combination of uninstalling, reinstalling, and repairing both Act! and Outlook, all to no avail.  To anyone's knowledge, has a definitive, reliable fix been found for this seemingly widespread problem?  Forgive me if I've missed it, but I've not seen a solid fix yet, even though the problem appears long-standing.  Thanks in advance.

P.S.  Has anyone tried Avidian's Prophet CRM application, which actually operates from inside Outlook?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act! 2011 Unable to "See" Outlook 2010

Provided Outlook is configured and running before installing ACT! I cannot say I have ever experienced what you are seeing. The following KB may assist

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1442...

As far as tools with Outlook I have tested a few and not found they compared with the functionality of ACT! which is why I have stuck with it for more than 20 years

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
WMH

11/22/2010 Update -- I decided to revisit this issue and try a few measures I hadn't already pursued.  First, I reinstalled Act! 2011, but it was still unable to "see" Outlook.  Next, I ran Repair on my Microsoft Office 2010 Professional installation.  Voila!  Suddenly, Act! could "see" Outlook.  I have no idea why or how this fixed anything, but Act! 2011 now appears to be playing nicely with Outlook 2010.  I will provide a follow up report if I encounter any further problems between the two.  For now, however, it appears promising and I will keep my fingers crossed.  Thank you to all those who reviewed this posting.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for reporting back,  I used act for years then went to outlook only.  Now I'm trying act again while waiting for company to make a DECISION.  I forgot what a pain it was to get it all set up and functioning correctly.

I'm trying the repair of office 2007 now,  I was just going to reboot when I found your message.  It has taken me 3 days to get this far!

didnt work Smiley Sad