12-06-2011 08:58 AM
I'm trying to restore my database on my new machine, a Win 7 64-bit Professional OS. I can open the main database across the network with no problem. When I attempt to restore my remote database, I get the following error:
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DATATYPEID', table
'name.dbo.TBL_SYSCOLUMN'; column does not allow nulls.
The statement has been terminated
Does anyone have any suggestions, fixes, or links to KB articles on this?
I'm using Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2011 Version: 18.104.22.168
12-06-2011 11:09 AM
12-06-2011 11:49 AM
I was going to try the backup & restore method next. I believe to do that, the machine names will have to be the same, right?
The error happens about 30 seconds into the restore process. It looks like everything is running OK, the status bar moves to about 50%, then it hits the error and backs everything out, leaving me with that warning message.
12-06-2011 12:09 PM
Ok - we need a little more clarification.
When you say you are trying to "restore" the remote on the new machine, is this a remote that you backed up from an old/other PC and you are now attempting to restore to the Win 7 machine?
You can only do a "restore" to the same machine it was made on. Nothing can change
"Restore As" is for restoring a backup where you will be giving the database a new name and/or a new place to live.
"Unpack and restore" is for deploying a remote database for the very first time (and only that time!)
If you are attempting to redeploy an existing remote database onto a different machine w/o breaking sync, then you want to look at the KB article:
12-06-2011 01:23 PM
My apologies.... Let me try this again....
I purchased a new notebook PC. On my old notebook, I was running a remote database. I did a final synchronization to the main database and now the old laptop is not being used.
After I did all the work on the old laptop I installed Act on my new notebook PC. I went to the main database on our company server and re-created a new remote database. I took the newly created file, placed it on my desktop on my new PC. Then I opened the Act client and did a restore - "Unpack and Restore Remote Database". About 50% through the restore process on the new machine, the error occurs.
On my new PC, through the Act client, I am able to load up the main database that resides on the server and use it without any problems.
12-06-2011 03:27 PM