Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Pro

Act 2011 Pro

I just installed 2011 Pro on a Win2K3 server. I created a database on the server.

I also installed 2011 Pro on a client PC.

The license I purchased is a 1 user license.

When I try to fire up Act! on the client PC, I get the pop-up indicating that therre aren't enough licenses available.

With a one user license, should I be able to run Act from a client PC and access a database on the server?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Pro

Hello SRSales,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Yes, with a single user license, you can run ACT! on a server and access it from a workstation.

Be sure that you have registered the installation of ACT! on the workstation (Help > Register ACT!). 

This message can also be presented if you have converted a database from a previous version of ACT! and it contains more active users than you have licenses.  If this is the case, you will need to disable the unnecessary user(s).

Greg Martin
Sage

my pro box states up to 10 users however I have only one listed and it sez there is only one license.  How do I setup so Act! acts like it's supposed to be??

I also can't get it to work on a network where the database would reside on a computer on the network and work from there.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello markvarg,
To clarify, the number of active users depends on how many licenses you purchased. The Pro version can support up to 10 licenses, but if you only purchased 1, then you can only have 1 user.

If you are the only user, then you can set it up between 2 machines accessing the same database via a network.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.