Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Pro & Microsoft Outlook and Recording History

Act 2011 Pro & Microsoft Outlook and Recording History

I just upgraded from ACT 6 so I have been way behind.  I have spoken to tech support regarding this issue and they have told me that there is no way around this.  It is either all or nothing.    Every email I send in Outlook is recorded in my history.  When I run the notes/history report for my boss I get every single email I have sent from Outlook.  In my old version only the emails I sent through ACT were recorded.  Does anyone have a work around for this.  Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Pro & Microsoft Outlook and Recording History

Hello edurato,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. ACT! will only record emails for people who are in your ACT! address book in Outlook. These would be ACT! contacts with a valid email address. If you send an email from Outlook to someone whose email address is in ACT!, it will record in their history. You can override this when sending the Outlook email by clicking the Add-Ins tab on the Outlook message screen and changing the ACT! History dropdown option to "None" - this means that message will not get recorded in history

In addition, go to Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync tab, then click E-mail System Setup. On screen 6 of the setup wizard, make the sure the box for "Exclude My Record from history" is checked.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks so much for your reply.  This has become really cumbersome for me.  I send a notes/history report to my boss every monday and there are co-workers and vendors in my database that I do not want recorded.  It is very cumbersome to do this manually.  I was using ACT 6 prior and only the contacts that I emailed directly to in ACT were recorded.  I really would prefer this.  If there is a work around I would appreciate it.  Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

The easiest way is to remove the email address from the email field of those contacts whose history you do not want recorded. You cam place the email address in another non-email (i.e., character) field for reference. If the contact does not have an email address in any email field in their record, then they will be removed from the ACT! address book in Outlook and history will not be recorded.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks.  That is a good solution.  I will do that.