Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2011 Pro Works Inconsistently with Outlook 2010 (32-Bit)

Copper Contributor

Act! 2011 Pro Works Inconsistently with Outlook 2010 (32-Bit)

I am suddenly getting errors when writing emails in Act 2011. The last time this happened I was able to correct the settings and get it to work. However, the next time I started Act! I had to reset the configuration with Outlook 2010 as well as configuration of the opening screen.

Previously I re-installed Windows 7-64 Pro and installed just Office 2010. I then installed Act. Act initially did not recognize Outlook 2010 and would only recognize installing Act! Email. Outlook showed only two add-ins (Outlook/Act Sync buttons). I repaired Outlook and when restarted Act I could set up the configuration of Outlook.

I am tempted to switch to Outlook only but I really do not want to lose the record keeping that Act offers. Why am I getting inconsistent results? I did start using System Mechanic 10 but I am being careful of what it does to my system.

Ron Lane

Windows 7-64 Pro

8 Gig Memory

3 - 1TB Drives

Dual Core 2.6

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2011 Pro Works Inconsistently with Outlook 2010 (32-Bit)

Can you provide the error(s) you are receiving?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Act! 2011 Pro Works Inconsistently with Outlook 2010 (32-Bit)

Greg,

I have decided to use Outlook 2010 by itself for a while. I can't take the time to fiddle with Act! 2011 Pro anymore, at least for now. I spent a great deal of time correcting a problem I had with the Act Beta program working with Outlook 2007. I reinstalled Windows twice during that episode. This time I thought I had corrected the situation only for it to happen three separate days this week where Act was not communicating with Outlook consistently enough.

Ron Lane