Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Pro - Outlook 2010 - Calendar syncs fine - Contacts don't at all

Act 2011 Pro - Outlook 2010 - Calendar syncs fine - Contacts don't at all

Hi,

Loaded new Act 2011 and everything looks good within Act!. However on Outlook Sync - only the Calendar Sync works. Trying to sync the Contacts results in  error message on the Act Sync Service "Contacts Synchronization Failed". Can't find an error log to see what may be going wrong either.

Thanks.

Charles

Tuned Listener

Re: Act 2011 Pro - Outlook 2010 - Calendar syncs fine - Contacts don't at all

I have the exact same problem with trying to sync Contacts in Act Pro 2011.

Mark

After an inability to contact Sage tech support, I saw on this post that provided a clue to the problem.

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/ACT-2011-Outlook-Contacts-sync/m-p/90610/highlight/true#M38778 

Running Scanpst.exe on my Outlook .ost file didn't make any difference.

Next deleted all my Outlook Distribution Lists and what do you know now the sync works fine. So it seems Outlook Distribution Groups crash the Act/Outlook Contact sync. Sure would have thought that would have occurred in the beta testing.

Hope this helps anyone else having the problem.

Regards,

Charles

Tuned Listener

Thanks very much for that link. Deleting the Outlook distribution groups worked for me as well. I'm VERY happy!

I wasn't using them anymore anyway (prefer ACT Groups), so no harm done.

2011 Pro - same problem.  Moved Distribution lists to different folder and presto, sync worked.  Thanks a ton for the solution!!  Shame on ACT for not debugging such a common action.

That worked!  Thanks so much!  I spent forever on the phone with support and they couldn't figure it out.  He said that he thought it only worked with Outlook using a local profile and that Exchange wasn't supported!  What a relief- the contact synchronization was the only reason I upgraded.  DoubleLook caused other issues when I used it with previous versions of ACT so I was really looking forward to integrated synchronization.  This just made my day.

Copper Contributor

I can not even get this far. When I try to write and email I receive a restry access not allowed.  The same is true with any link with Microsoft.

That's sounds like an installation error to me. You need to check with Sage tech support on that one.

However, though I'm not a tech support person, you might want to try to remedy it by uninstalling Act 2011 completely, rebooting, and then reinstalling Act 2011. Also, make sure you install with full administrator rights on your PC.

Good luck.

Charles

Copper Contributor

Is there a point during the installation that asks about administration rights?

No, but if you are running the install from a downloaded file, just right-click the file in Explorer and select "Run as Administrator" off the pop-up menu.