Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Pro / Outlook 2007 Syncronization Limitations

Act 2011 Pro / Outlook 2007 Syncronization Limitations

Does anyone have any suggestions on possible workarounds to the following problem related to synchronizing calendars between ACT 2011 Pro?

While I currently use all 5 task priority levels within ACT 2011 Pro, Outlook 2007 only seems to support only three (high, normal and low); the differences being "medium – high" and "medium – low".     As a result, when I synchronize calendars between ACT 2011 Pro and Outlook 2007, all of the medium-high ACT tasks get converted to High within Outlook, but , that would not be so bad if there would be a way to stop Outlook from later overwriting the merged "medium-high" task back to ACT as "high".  

Being that I would like to continue being able to use all five priority categories, does anybody have any recommended solutions via ACT or Outlook to help stop this frustrating issue?

One of the main reasons I had upgraded to Act 2011 Pro from Act 2009 was the Outlook synchronization capability.   Needless to say, I have been very disappointed.   I am hoping that someone in the ACT! Community has a possible solution!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Pro / Outlook 2007 Syncronization Limitations

Hello egoldstein,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This sounds more like a limitation of the Outlook API, but I will go ahead and submit it to our developers. I am currently not aware of a workaround or add-on for this issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.