Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2011 Pro: Birth field inactive

Act! 2011 Pro: Birth field inactive

I am running ACT! 2011 Pro on Windows 7. Recently all my contacts birth date disappeared and birth date field is not accessible anymore? How can this be resolved?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act! 2011 Pro: Birth field inactive

If you go to the Contact List view and customize the columns (View > Customize Columns) and add the Birth Date field to the list of columns, does the data display?

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the prompt answer. The data will show up in the Contact List View after adding Birth Date -1- (Nothing will show under Birth Date). On the other hand the Data will not show in the 'personal' tab under the Contact Info view! This field is shaded and not accessible. 

Platinum Super Contributor

I can't provide an answer as to why the name has changed, but it looks like you will just need to update the layout with the proper field.  Here is an article with instructions for editing a layout: KB Article 15332

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

The fact that it's shaded could mean it's been marked as No Access (if it was a Prem database, could also be Read Only)

What you should probably do is use Edit | Replace to put the BD1 data into BD as it should be.

Backup first and check the data after before deleting BD1

While BD is not set as a "System Field", it probably should be as it's hard-coded in many of the mobile sync solutions ... Might be worth suggesting this, Greg?