Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Outlook 2007 Crash on contact lookup

Act 2011 Outlook 2007 Crash on contact lookup

Hello,

We are running Act 2011 Pro 2011, Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 and Winodws XP Professional SP3. This problem started after installing Act! 2011.

When using Outlook, any user that creates a new email and clicks on either the To: CC: or BCC: fields to look for a contact in their Outlook Address book causes Outlook to hang. CPU usage jumps around, as does Memory Usage. This happens regardless to whether Act is running. Act is not configured to syncronize with Outlook. I have tried writing a message and doing a contact lookup from the Outlook address book that has two contacts in it, so it isn't an issue with the size of the Outlook address book. I have disabled anti-virus and firewall software as well as started Outlook in safemode to no avail. This issue only started happening after Act 2011 was installed. Since Outlook technically doesn't crash, there aren't any error reports generated. Outlook simply hangs and eats up resources. I can leave the maching to sit for hours and nothing comes up.

I am not entirely sure where to go from here. I have read suggestions of deleting the profile and re-importing all of the data. I can do this, but I want to ensure this problem doesn't arise again. It doesn't make sense to have an issue like this with brand new software. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan