Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 Lose pictures on Email merge from template

JCL

Act 2011 Lose pictures on Email merge from template

I am trying to do a Email merge from a template that includes pictures.  The person getting the Email gets the following error message

"The linked image cannot be displayed.  The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted.  Verify that the link points to the correct file and location"

If I don't do a Email merge and just send an emial to one person using the same template, the pictures appear OK.

Thanks

JC

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Lose pictures on Email merge from template

Hi,

My experiences are similar to yours.  More commonly the photo's appear as attachments and are no longer part of the email message where I put them.

If you are doing one-off emails and just merging because of the templates I changed to using Outlooks QuickParts function which is under the Insert menu in Outlook 2007 and I think 2010.  This saves everything normally.  You just write a regular email from Act for this. 

If you need to merge multiple contacts, though, then I really don't have an answer.  SwiftPage can do it, but that never looks personalized and it has a different look and feel to the recipient.  

Mike 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 Lose pictures on Email merge from template

Hi,

My experiences are similar to yours.  More commonly the photo's appear as attachments and are no longer part of the email message where I put them.

If you are doing one-off emails and just merging because of the templates I changed to using Outlooks QuickParts function which is under the Insert menu in Outlook 2007 and I think 2010.  This saves everything normally.  You just write a regular email from Act for this. 

If you need to merge multiple contacts, though, then I really don't have an answer.  SwiftPage can do it, but that never looks personalized and it has a different look and feel to the recipient.  

Mike