Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2011 - Changing Google Driving directions from Work address to Home address

Copper Contributor

Act 2011 - Changing Google Driving directions from Work address to Home address

When using the Google Driving Directions link in the web page tab, it appears that the software defaults to using the work address information when looking up the directions.  I would like to change the system to default to the home address information for each contact.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Brian

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Act 2011 - Changing Google Driving directions from Work address to Home address

[ Edited ]

I'm new to Sage 2011, but just did something similar.  Here's the instructions for what I think you need

1. Go to webinfo tab
  2. "Edit Links" in top left of tab
  3. Choose Google Maps, and copy the URL info
  4. Now "Add" a new link - call it "Google Map - Home" or something like that
  5. Paste in the URL 
  6. Now highlight the default Address field and replace it with the appropriate "Home Address" field, then do the same thing for the State Field, Zip Code field, etc.
  7. Repeat to your heart's content, making a new link for all other addresses
You could rename the default Google Maps link to "Google - Business" or whatever works for you.
That way you'll end up with a link for the map of the business address, and another for the home address, and so one
Hope that helps.
Luis Rodrigues

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2011 - Changing Google Driving directions from Work address to Home address

Thanks for the information.  I went ahead and modified the web tab as suggested.

Does anybody know how to change the "Display Map" button in the tool bar?  They don't seem to allow any edits.  I also tried creating a custom command, but didn't get too far.  Of course it isn't that big of a deal to just use the web tab instead.