Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 on 2 computers

Act 2010 on 2 computers

I would like to be able to use Act 2010 on two computers with the same database. The computers are on the same network. We have one license on one of the computers but not on the other one. Do I have to purchase another license for the seconfd computer or can I just sync it through the net work? Please let me know we would like to be able to have 2 computers with Act that share a database that way more than one person can work on it at the same time. How do I make that work?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 on 2 computers

ACT! is licensed to the named user. You would need a license for each person that would access the database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

Here is a link to instructions for setting up a Shared database on your network: Share Act! database over network

Greg Martin
Sage

I work from home, a vacation home, and an office.  Rather than lug my laptop around, i simply want the abilitiy of being able to backup my database and carry it with me to any of the locations i have which have ACT 2010 on it.  Can you please give me instructions on how this can be done without naming a database another name etc.  I just want to back it up to an external drive and go about business.

warrenstallings@aol.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you want can't be done.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129