Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 not showing Attachements on inbound email

Act 2010 not showing Attachements on inbound email

Hello, I am running Act 2010 and on some of my emails can see there is an attachment because I see the attachment icon before I open the email, but when I open the email there is nothing attached. Today a colleague and I (she uses same version of act) got the same email, she has the attachment and I do not. I can see it if I open it in outlook 2010.  Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 not showing Attachements on inbound email

Hello ReedandPrince,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If this is only an issue on inbound emails, then make sure you have the default history recording option set for attachments in your Outlook rule for ACT!.
- In Outlook, click Rules on the ribbon, then Manage Rules & Alerts
- Locate the "ACT! Address Book" rule, select it, then click Change Rule > Edit Rule Settings
- At the bottom, click the link for "ACT! - Auto Attach Email..."
- Click "Change"
- Select the option for "Entire e-mail as attachment", click OK, then OK again, then Next and finish out the process.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the quick responce. Not sure why you want me to make adjustments in outlook. this isssue is in ACT?

I just launched outlook to see how that same email woul dlook in there. I did go to the rules and alerts section in outlook and there was no rules set in there.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The subject of your post indicates the issue is with attachments on inbound emails. Inbound messages from ACT! contacts are auto-attached by creating an Outlook rule for ACT!. Since it appears you are not using this rule, then this would not apply.

In the History, does the entry for the emails in question have a paperclip icon in it? Also, can you confirm the method used to attach the messages in question:
- Auto attach when you send an email through ACT! or to an ACT! contact in Outlook
- Selecting the message in Outlook Inbox and using "Quick Attach" or "Attach to ACT! Contacts" buttons on Outlook toolbar

You also indicated in your original post that this was occurring "on some of my emails". Can you clarify if this happening on all emails with attachments or just some?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act 2010 not showing Attachments on inbound email

The issue is emails that I receive form the outside world in act. Not attaching emails to anything but items such as excel spread sheets for example that that are being sent to me. I see the attachment icon in the inbox when the email arrives but then when I open the email there is no such attached document.