Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 keeps randomly deleting outlook address book registry keys on all machines

Act 2010 keeps randomly deleting outlook address book registry keys on all machines

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem where we configure outlook for two databases. This all works fine until for no logical reason the keys become deleted and Outlook reports it can no longer access the address book. The only way to solve this is to exit outlook, reinstate the link to the databases and continue. It may function for days or only for a few minutes before another incident arises.

It is very frustrating because the agents at Sage have actually seen it happen but they seem disinterested in solving this problem instead claiming it must be a network problem not ACT. However I cannot see how SBS2003 can access and delete registry keys on different machines at random intervals even when the programs are running in the background ! The only issue on the network we are aware of is this problem when using Act/Outlook. All our other applications run fine.

Any assistance would be appreciated and prevent us from throwing it out the window !

Re: Act 2010 keeps randomly deleting outlook address book registry keys on all machines

After reading through the different threads I noticed that there are a number with a similar theme as this but describe the problem in very different ways. I think this is a more common problem than Sage wishes to acknowledge or due to the way they record problems have not tied this up.

This is an extremely frustrating problem as we constantly have to exit outlook and add the address books back in so we can use outlook without constant error messages saying it is unable to complete because there are no address books setup !

Can anyone from Sage take ownership of this issue and tie up all the threads who also have received no answers to their problem ?