Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 gives "Act! Has Encountered an Error. Please shutdown the application.

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 gives "Act! Has Encountered an Error. Please shutdown the application.

[ Edited ]

This occurs when attempting to access the Contact "Detail" View.

I have experience this problem on more than one database.  Also have uninstalled and re-installed, yet the same problem occurs.

I HAVE installed the Hotfix, and am running:   Version 12.0.409.0. Hotifix 1

Suggestions....

Preston Ehrler

Webvantix

Message Edited by jpehrler on 09-13-2009 03:14 PM
J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com

Re: Act 2010 gives "Act! Has Encountered an Error. Please shutdown the application.

Try rebuilding the preferences and open the demo database.  Click on other views (groups, companies) except for Contacts to see if ACT! crashes.  If you can see the other views, go to the Contacts within the demo.  If it doesn't crash, open your database and view the Contact detail view. 

If your database causes ACT! to crash, try copying the demo database's layouts to your database and test.  You will want to move your customized layouts out before copying the demo's layouts.

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2010 gives "Act! Has Encountered an Error. Please shutdown the application.

I'm not using custom layouts.  I actually did a WINDOWS REINSTALL and reloaded Act 2010.  This problem, with the hotfix installed, is still occuring.  This is quickly making 2010 UNUSABLE!!!!!!!!!!

I did not have this problem with the Beta version...................what's going on?

Preston Ehrler

J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com

Did you test within the demo database?
Copper Contributor

I built a new database, and still had the same problem.  As there is already a Hotfix for this issue, I don't think it's a problem with my database.  Additionally, my database ran fine in the beta version, and in Act 2009.

There is something wrong with the Hotfix.

J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com

The hot fix doesn't address this issue because it happens within a new database.  Please give a call into technical support so that a support agent can look at the issue.

Hot Fix 1 for ACT! version 2010 may resolve your issues if:

• You are an ACT! Premium customer whose installation includes customized databases, have upgraded from ACT! by Sage 2008 Premium or ACT! by Sage 2009 Premium, and are now seeing generic application crash errors when viewing Group, Company, or Opportunity views in ACT! Premium 2010

• You are an ACT! Premium customer whose installation contains fields set to “No Access” that reside in the Contact Spillover Table (spillover tables are created with customized databases). Since upgrading your database to ACT! Premium 2010, the schema update fails and corrupts the upgraded database.

• You are an ACT! Premium customer whose installation contains fields set to “No Access” that reside in the Contact Spillover Table (spillover tables are created with customized databases). Since upgrading your database to ACT! Premium 2010, you are unable to build a remote database.

• You are using a certified add-on application with faxing capabilities and have problems when doing a Mail Merge direct to Fax when your word processor is Microsoft® Word.

Thanks,

Highlighted

I just remembered one thing you can try.  Go to Tools > Customize > Reset Menus and Toolbars.