Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 crashes on Lookup

Act 2010 crashes on Lookup

When I lookup multiple company contacts, the list of company contacts flashes on the screen for 1/4 second, and then displays the following error messages.  In succession, they are:

1) Attempted to read or write protected memory.  This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

2) The application has encountered an error and has been shut down.  Would you like to report the error?

I have reported the error, but that does not solve my problem.  Any ideas?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Act 2010 crashes on Lookup

Without more information, this may be a hardware issues with a RAM module on your PC. If you repeat these steps on another computer do you get the same issue?
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

I actually have two machines connected by a wireless router.  My machine is the host, while my wife's machine is the satellite.  Her machine is presenting the problem.  I have no such problem when faced with multiple lookups.  Since she is linking to my database, I can't figure out why her machine is having problems.  Secondly, I don't have a direction to go to solve the problem.  Any suggestions?

Nickel Contributor

I woulod suspect there is a Hardware proiblem with RAM on her computer, or an issue with MS .NET
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand