Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2010 and Windows 7

Act! 2010 and Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hello Greig,

Windows 7 releases in just 3 days time.  

We have customers currently using various versions of ACT and some looking to upgrade to Windows 7.

Can you clarify for us which version of ACT is going to function on Windows 7 without hacks or workarounds and what the timing for that release will be?

Thanks,

Joe-

FunctionOne | 415.683.6690 | support@functionone.biz

We Are Your IT Department: http://www.functionone.biz 

Message Edited by ghollister on 10-20-2009 11:14 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2010 and Windows 7

Hello Joe,

At this time we are currently testing ACT! 2010 on Windows 7. Once we have certified compatibility with the software on this operating system, we will update our system requirements. Also, please keep on eye on this Community for any updates or announcements regarding Windows 7 compatibility. I will say that our initial tests and feedback from our customers who have installed ACT! 2010 on Windows 7 have not revealed any issues that are related to compatibility with the operating system.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

My assumption is they will do as was done in the past. ACT! 2010 won't be formally tested with Windows 7 until it has been publically released. Formal support would be announced following completion of that testing if an update isn't required. If an update is required, formal support would be delayed until the update is released. I wouldn't expect formal support for prior versions of the ACT! program.

I do know that several ACCs have run versions of the ACT! program on beta and RC versions of Windows 7 with few problems. My personal guess is that any version of the ACT! program that worked on Vista will work on Windows 7 with very few problems.

All the above statements are my personal opinion and should not be considered coming from Sage. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129