Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Act 2010 and Windows 7 -reports not working

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2010 and Windows 7 -reports not working

The video driver dated May 2009 seems to be the newest available.  As for the video accelerator, I remember this on other systems but can't seem to find it in Windows 7.  going to the graphics card in the hardware list doesnt show this on any of the tabs, wonder if that was removed in Windows 7?
Copper Contributor

Checked this morning and found that there is a new video card driver, dated October 2009 so I am downloading that now and we will see if that solves this issue. 
Copper Contributor

Ok, I installed the new video driver for my graphics card, and now I am able under report designer to create a new report, Editing an eiisting report or opening a report still gives the same messages as before.

You are not alone, I have the exact same problem and have tried the above ideas also.   Let us know if you came up with a solution.
Copper Contributor

No, I havent been able to solve this as yet.  As I mentioned, I tried the new video driver but have not been able to find the video hardware acceleration in Windows 7 to try to change that.  If I get it resolved I will post a response here. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

BT_Can,

A basic step would be to uninstall and reinstall ACT! (through the Control Panel). It's possible that the reporting interface just didn't install correctly the first time. Disable UAC when do the reinstall...you can turn it back on afterwards.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author BT_Can
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Hi Greig:

yes I removed and reinstalled the program and now the reports function is working fine.  So it must have dropped something in the windows 7 upgrade in transferring program files and settings.

thanks

I did the reinstall and it solved the reporting problem.   I originally had Act 2010 installed before I did the Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade.   

Thanks for the help.

CyberAuctions.com
Auctions Online