Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta

Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta

Thanks for reply,  but this isnt the only issue we have had with Act and Sage

We use both synchronisation due to having remote offices plus the Sage accounts integration at our head office.

After upgrading we have found out that Act 20101 cannot uses both synchronising and accounts link due to an oversight ! Whe  we are sold a more expensive " better " version I dont really expect to be having a lesser product.

As a result of this it is costing us sereval wasted hours per week

On a side note we have used Act since the early Symantic days and do not wish to change, but if we continue to be let down in this manner there may be little choice !

Platinum Elite Contributor

This is why, as per my article, you need to check apps that talk together when upgrading any of them.

Obviously I can't comment about accounting apps that may need to be updated. They are usually handled by local offices (as accounting products are typically local)
Copper Contributor

thanks again.

But when I get an email and a call encouraging  me to upgrade to ACT 2010 from Sage ( who supply both Act and Accounts ) because the new accounting link is goung to be so much better...

To then find out that they overlooked the synchronisation side of ACT isnt really a fault of ours !

To add insult to injury Customer services have taken over a week and still havent responded !

Which accounts?

It's still necessary to check that anything you want to link will do so after an upgrade - caveat emptor
Copper Contributor

Sage Line 50 Version 12.  the one that Sage said is meant to be compatible with Sage ACT !!!!

As I said if I buy two Sage products that they say are compatable and they arent, is that my fault ?  I think not...

If you buy a car from Ford and purchase some Ford manufactured accessories from the same Ford dealer isnt it realistic to expect them to be compatable and not to be told that I should have checked first !!!

mike@foodmc.com wrote:

Sage Line 50 Version 12.  the one that Sage said is meant to be compatible with Sage ACT !!!!

As I said if I buy two Sage products that they say are compatable and they arent, is that my fault ?  I think not...

If you buy a car from Ford and purchase some Ford manufactured accessories from the same Ford dealer isnt it realistic to expect them to be compatable and not to be told that I should have checked first !!!

Not necessarily. If the accessory was for a different Ford model. it likely wouldn't work. You would need to check to make sure.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The Ford's created in the US are left-hand-drive ... many of the accessories created for them take time before being available for those in the actual world

Just a question plain and simple.

Since I can only find Office 2010 on the internet, unless I buy a box from a retailer, Since I am using Outlook 2010 now, if I were to uninstall ACT, and then reinstall ACT and update - does anyone know if the intergration will work as I see all of the plugins come up for ACT when Outlook 2010 loads on it's own.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Copper Contributor

Catvmaps - I can tell you it does not work.  The plugins do load, but ACT 2010 still refuses to connect (or even recognize) that an email client is available.  The Act tool bars will not display in Outlook 2010 even though it tries to load the plugins.

What does happen is that Outlook 2010 refuses to close on its own, so you have to use Task Manager to close it.  If left running, it consumes a steady 25% of your cpu time and keeps gobbling memory - a couple of days ago Outlook 2010 was up to 1.5 Gig of RAM that it had consumed - apparently it a futile attempt to sync with Act.