Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta

That may work for ACT!, but I cannot say how the other Office 2010 applications will work with Word 2007. Worth a try.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

It doesn't work.  I will try to uninstall Office 2010.  I hope this works. 

If I hadn't spend the money already, I would of downgraded back to Act 6 (2004) and installed Office 2003.  This new Act 2010 has been nothing but problems for me.

Update: Office 2007 is back, Office 2010 is completely removed, but the Act/MS Word templates integrated Act still don't work.  This is totally unacceptable!!!

You have to re-install ACT!

It creates the links to Office at the time of install and can only install the links for the version of Office that you have setup at the time

[ Edited ]

Office needs to be fully installed and updated at the time ACT! is installed. So uninstalling ACT!, rebooting, and then reinstalling ACT! should restore the integration. Sorry, I should have mentioned that when you said you were going to remove Office 2010 and reinstall Office 2007.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

I am inclined to aceee and would like to see there be a hotfix for Office 2010 as Microsoft is now releasing Office 2010 for all new corporate purchases.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta plus sage accounts integration

Once again ACT and SAGE have released a version that is not what it says !

ACT 2007  was never compatabile with Office 2007 and , surprise !  it seems that Act 2010 is also not compatible with Office 2010. i would have thought they would have learnt there lesson after Act 2007 ?

In additio there is an " oversight " in that in Act 2010 you cannot use remote synchronisation and the sage accounts link.

My Company have invested in a supposedly " better " version of Act and find that far from being better it is flawed and not working !

I cannot accept that we are all being forced to wait for ACT 2011 ( plus the extra cost etc ! ) to be able to use it with the worlds leading and most popular Office software !

An unhappy corporate Act user.

Mike Wilkinson

Re: Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta plus sage accounts integration

The 2007 and 2010 are versions numbers and have nothing to do with what they are compatible with.

So, not sure what you mean by "not what it says"

Copper Contributor

Further to my earlier post  re the incompatibility of ACT 2010 with Office 2010.    The same problem occured with ACT 2007, it was never compatabile with office 2007.

Its fine saying to read the system requirements, but if a product that is supposed to work alongside Office is not compatabile then the " small print " should make it clear in BIG letters that the 2010 part of the name refers to ACT alone !

If I buy a calender for 2010 I expect it to be used for that year, and not for 2011 !!!  Is it not unrealistic to expect that a ACT version called 2010 should be compatabile with other 2010 products suce as Office ?

ACT is soild to save its users time, all these problems cost time !

In software, it refers to you year it's released for... the issue is that Office gets released late in the year and ACT! before the year starts.

The same thing happens when you upgrade MS Windows before checking if other products you use are compatible with the new OS or if they require an add-ons.

I posted something like this on my blog a while ago:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/09/upgrading-act-especially-when-you-are.html