Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 and Office 2010 Beta

Hello tjyak50,

We certainly understand the need to have Office 2010 compatibility with the current and upcoming releases of ACT!. ACT! 2011 should be out in a couple of months and we are currently addressing the challenge of making ACT! 2010 compatible as well. Whether is takes a hot fix or a major update is yet to be determined. The retail version of Office 2010 was just recently released, so as far as compatbility is concerned, we are not going to do it just to get it done....we want to make sure it is done right. We will provide more information as it becomes available via this forum and our Knowledgebase.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks.

and Ouch.

I did not anticipate that, should have known.

Phoenix, AZ
4 user Act 2011HF5
W7 (32&64) on a W7-64 "Server"
Outlook 2003 and 2007
Copper Contributor

I have just recently upgraded to Act 2010 and had i have known that it wont be compatible with office 2010 and i may need to upgrade to Act 2011, makes it not a very bright option.

I wouldnt have thought that Sage would consider it easier to gouge more money from its customer database by making them all upgrade to 2011 version, instead of saying, yes, we are working on a fix for 2010.

As a company who programs software we understand the need to configure to previous versions of third party applications, but office 2010 and act 2010 i would think is a no brainer.

When you consider that Google and Microsoft temselves haven't been able to connect their software fully to the new version of Office, it's not such a "no brainer" as you'd think

Copper Contributor

Wow, thats fantastic. Posting my thoughts on a forum only be raized by a regular.

If you re-read my post you would see it had nothing to do with compaining about not having the software linked asap, but more to the point of them not yet deciding if sage will even make Act 2010 compatiable.

It's more a question of working out how much work it takes to make the previous code work with the new versions of Office.

I didn't mean to raze you, but just to point out that Google and even Microsoft themselves haven't been able to get their products fully compatible with Office 2010... so it's obviously a complex change that the MS Office team has sprung and Sage needs to see if it can be added to the previous versions before promising anything

I hope that a Hot Fix will be introduced for Act 2010.  Its bad enough I had to upgrade from Act 6 to 2010 back in May because of Office 2007.  Now that I upgraded to Office 2010, I am expected to upgrade Act to 2011?

I don't like Act 2010 to begin with, and found Act 6 much easier to use.  If you want to keep me as a customer, then I expect a Hot Fix to be issued for Act 2010 users.

Hello PGCFP,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to Office 2010 and ACT! 2010, we are currently assessing the changes that will be needed for compatibility. Additional information will be provided via this forum and our Knowledgebase as it becomes available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greg,

Would it work if I uninstall Word 2010 only, and reinstall Word 2007?

P.

That may work for ACT!, but I cannot say how the other Office 2010 applications will work with Word 2007. Worth a try.

Greig Hollister