Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 Not Attaching Secondary Emails to Contact's History from Outlook 2007

Act 2010 Not Attaching Secondary Emails to Contact's History from Outlook 2007

I have Outlook 2007 and Act 2010 Running on Windows 7 Profesional.

When I email a secondary contact within ACT 2010 It should add it to the histroy of the contact and the person emailing. But It does neither. It will work with primary contacts but it does not work with secondary. The ACT attacher utility Has a red X on it in the taskbar if that means anything.

I can post screenshots of what I Mean if necessary.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 2010 Not Attaching Secondary Emails to Contact's History from Outlook 2007

This is how it works... if you want the history tracked, you have to make the Contact a Primary one

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://community.act.com/t5/SHARE-YOUR-IDEAS/idb-p/ideas

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on. It also allows other users to vote on these so Sage can get an idea of the demand

Re: Act 2010 Not Attaching Secondary Emails to Contact's History from Outlook 2007

I was told by an ACT Support agent that the secondary contacts would be attached to the contact if email only if I had Outlook instead of outlook express. It appeared like it was in fact working for a short while and then this week it had stopped.

I also cannot attached to the primary contact as well when I am in outlook and manually attach the email.

I had upgraded the computers and installed Outlook 2007 on them for this reason. We were previously using Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.0.  I hope I was not lied to. Because this would be the second time Sage has lied to me.

We don't use companies But would this solve the problem. The person is a secondary contact is another person but under that same company? We have companies listed in each contact but they don't show up under companies. Is there anyway to automatically make the companies?

Platinum Elite Contributor

tyler4man wrote:

I was told by an ACT Support agent that the secondary contacts would be attached to the contact if email only if I had Outlook instead of outlook express. It appeared like it was in fact working for a short while and then this week it had stopped.

I also cannot attached to the primary contact as well when I am in outlook and manually attach the email.

I had upgraded the computers and installed Outlook 2007 on them for this reason. We were previously using Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.0.  I hope I was not lied to. Because this would be the second time Sage has lied to me.

It may have been a mis-understanding. It can attach to additional email fields on the Primary Contact. The idea is that contacts that you deal directly with and want to track should be Primary

We don't use companies But would this solve the problem. The person is a secondary contact is another person but under that same company? We have companies listed in each contact but they don't show up under companies. Is there anyway to automatically make the companies?

Yes, Companies would allow each of the contacts to be Primary and linked.

ACT! doesn't auto-create the Companies. You can do it with the company Wizard addon from http://www.egenconsulting.com/ourproducts.html

[ Edited ]

The Software states it only works ACT 2005/2006/2007.

And It was at one point working? Why would it have stopped. 

There has been a lot of misunderstanding with this program. We were sold the 2009 verison with the understanding [Content edited: please post courteously] that the security would be fixed for a problem we had, It was not. And we were now told that a secondary contact would be able to be added to history. Which again is apparently not true.

Message Edited by ghollister on 01-27-2010 10:08 AM

Bump

Anyone Have any idea why it would be working.