Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 Home on Windows 7 questions

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 Home on Windows 7 questions

Calendar: birthdays do not show. Why have on the contact screen if they aren't going to show on the calendar? And do they automatically roll over to the next year? Calendar: can not filter. Used to be able to filter by "All Contacts", "Current Lookup", "Current Contact" as well as by type of activity. Activites on Contact Screen: do not show location. My contact is Paul Brown of Seattle but we are meeting at Hilton in Atlanta.... Design Layout: Where's the toolbar for lines, font color, fill in with color/design? Drop Down lists: I worked with the demo to learn the changes and I changed the entire drop down list for ID/Status. When I saved an empty copy, the drop down list changes were lost. I went to Field setting and changed the drop down list there. The changes are there but do not automatically fill. I have to type the entire word Friend rather than it automatically finishing that when I typed Fr Finally, must I save before closing my database? Previously, all changes were automatically saved. Is that still true?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 2010 Home on Windows 7 questions

Hello JNelson,

You have a lot of good questions, but they seem to all run together.  Might I suggest that you break them apart and enter multiple posts with each question being restricted to one subject.  We have a great community of contributors, but I think that others, like me, might know the answer to one of your questions but not have the answer for the rest and just skip offering a response all together. 

Regarding birthdays, I too would like to see it automatically show up on the calendar some way.  Let's both of us go to http://www.act.com/community/feature/ and enter the feature request.

BTW, you didn't mention which version you are using.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Contributor

Act 2010 Home on Windows 7:

Calendar: birthdays do not show. Why have on the contact screen if they aren't going to show on the calendar? And do they automatically roll over to the next year?

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 on Windows 7

Calendar: can not filter. Used to be able to filter by "All Contacts", "Current Lookup", "Current Contact".

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 on Windows 7

Activites on Contact Screen: do not show location. My contact is Paul Brown of Seattle but we are meeting at Hilton in Atlanta....

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 on Windows 7

Drop Down lists: I worked with the demo to learn the changes and I changed the entire drop down list for ID/Status. When I saved an empty copy, the drop down list changes were lost. I went to Field setting and changed the drop down list there. The changes are there but do not automatically fill. I have to type the entire word Friend rather than it automatically finishing that when I typed Fr

Copper Contributor

Act 2010 on Windows 7

Must I "save" before closing my database? Previously, all changes were automatically saved. Is that still true?

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

@ jnelson296

I think John meant, that you should not post all this in one thread. Instead open for each question a new THREAD, so others can see the purpose of the questions easier, without clicking on the thread and at the same time everything is focused within a thread on ONE problem, to get faster a solution Smiley Wink

Otherwise it will get fast off topic and some of your question get lost

Message Edited by snoopy5 on 11-26-2009 08:45 AM