Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 2010 - Cannot access a specific database - contact somehow became "administrator"

Act! 2010 - Cannot access a specific database - contact somehow became "administrator"

We are using Act! 2010 and have set up numerous databases, with two licensed users.  Somehow, one of our contact names has been set up as an administrator, and now I cannot get into this specific database anymore.  I get the "not enough licenses" error message.  I read online that I can delete that adminstrator, but how can I do that if I can't get into the database? 

I tried logging in as admin and administrator, but that doesn't work either using the password we have used in the past.  I am able to access every other database with no problems at all.  I have tried going to run and actdiag and within the specified database, find nothing in the Contacts or Events audit logs to assist with logging in.  I did see the contact name that has been incorrectly assigned as an administrator elsewhere in the audit logs, and I tried to delete her there with no luck.  A little picture popped up to the left side of the contact name - it looked like a little pencil maybe?  But when I clicked on it, it reverted back to an arrow.

We really need to get back into this database so that the problem can be fixed, and we can move forward with our work!

Please help!  Smiley Surprised

THANK YOU!!!! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 2010 - Cannot access a specific database - contact somehow became "administrator"

Hello LKSmith,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. This is most likely due to an unintentional overwriting of a user's contact record. See this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1353...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Act! 2010 - Cannot access a specific database - contact somehow became "administrator"

Thank you for the reply, and that information will be helpful, BUT how can I do that if I can't get into the database?

Laura