Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 Calendar

Act 2010 Calendar

[ Edited ]

Calendar on Act 2010 messed up.  Every time I clock on, it displays horizontally at very top of page the months from

2029, I have to laboriously scroll back to 2010.  Then, I can't do anything.  It won't show me the to-dos and other acdtivities previously set for any given date.  How do I correct this?  Please respond.  Thank you.

[Edit: For your protection, please do not publicly post personal contact information]

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act 2010 Calendar

Hello Bgodof,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

The calendar view you have described is a result of corrupted Act! Preference files.  The calendar will be restored by rebuilding these Preference files.  Here is an article which explains the most common cause of the issue and how to rebuild the Preferences: KB Article 21042.

When rebuilding the Preferences, use the 'Alternate Method: Manually Rebuild Preferences' section.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello Greg,  Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.  The DPI resolution issue ws correct, so that wasn't it.  So I tried

the scond suggestion about deleting and correcting the preferences.   I made a back-up as instructed, and successfully got all the way through the delete preferences (the screens on the step-by-step didn't exactly match, but I figured it out).   Then, I ran

into problems on the part where it says to start up act after deleting the preferences.  I was supposed to see some sort of

start-up screen prompting me about diagonostics etc., but saw nothing escept normal Act start-up screen.  So I have NO clue where to go from here.  The problem persisnts.  BTW, I use Windows 7.  Thanks for helping me solve this issue

The calendar view showing nothing but mini-calendars is definitely a corrupted Preferences issue.  Try rebuilding the Preferences again and be sure to use just the 'Alternate Method - Manually Rebuilding Preferences'.   You will be renaming a folder manually - not using the Actdiag program.

Here is a link for easy access to the article: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks again.  I followed y our instructions, and got this far:

Click on your Windows Start button. For Windows 2000 and Windows XP, click Run on the start menu and type in the following command: %appdata%. For Windows Vista and Windows 7, type this command in the Search box in the lower left of the start menu.

I have Windows 7, so in the dialog box as instructed I typed in %appdata% as instructed.  All I got was something called 'roaming', nothing as described in instructions.   What am I doing wrong?  Is there any way I can get someone on the phone to prompt me thru this procedure?   I am not a computer expert as you can see.  But I AM a long term ACT user, dating back many many years, so I would really appreciate this accomodation.   Thank you.

[ Edited ]

Actually, you are actually doing perfect - Windows 7 brings up the 'Roaming' folder (which is under App Data).  Within the Roaming folder you'll see an Act folder > double click on it to open it.  Within it, you'll see the Act for Windows folder > that is the folder to rename/delete. 

Be sure to close Act! before renaming the 'Act for Windows' folder, then reopen Act! after it has been done.

Greg Martin
Sage