Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Act! 2010 Calendar

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: United States
Accepted Solution

Act! 2010 Calendar

I have just upgraded from 6.0 to 2010 and when I make entries to the calendar, they do not seem to appear on the calendar - it remains blank as if no entry were made.  Any ideas?  Thanks so much!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

The problem seemed to be a corrupt 'my record' / user and I seem to have resolved the problem as follows:

 

  • Created a copy of the database and created a new user with administrator rights in the new file
  • Deleted the original / corrupt user and all records associated with it
  • Imported all records from the original file
  • Deleted the duplicate 'my record'
  • ....and the calendar seems to work fine

 

The only glitch I had is that not all of my groups were imported properly and some were blank with no members...so I did another import of 'groups only' and specified the source file should control conflicts...and all is well.

 

I hope this helps others who may experience this issue.

 

 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,384
Country: Australia

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

Do they appear in the Task List or the Activities Tab for the Contacts?

 

Maybe check the filters for the calendar - Types (all), Priorities (all), Select Users(all), Options (Show Private/Cleared)

Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

They do not appear in the task list or contact activites tab either; and I had already checked the filtering options.  Is it possible the calendar is disabled until the product is registered?
Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,384
Country: Australia

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

No, that's not possible.

 

Do you have old activities from before the conversion?

Can you try the demo database?

 

 

Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

I dont have old activities, because I was not using the calendar in Act 6.0 - outlook only.  I can open the demo database and the calendar seems to work fine in the demo.
Platinum Super Contributor
Posts: 5,275
Country: USA

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

Sounds like a damaged User record within your database.  If you have more than 1 license, you can try creating a new User in your database and testing with it.

If an additional license is not available, try creating an 'Empty Copy' of your database > then open it and test the Calendar by creating an activity.  If the Activity does display, the next step would be to import the data from the old database into the new database.   

Instructions for these steps:

Create Empty copy

Import Act! database into another Act! database

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

Well, after creating the empty copy, the calendar worked fine.  But after importing, I have the same issue again.  I've seen this same issue in some other posts which include a 'recur spec' error and I've not seen a solution to the issue - and it always seems to be people migrating from version 6.0 to 2010.  If there's no fix for this issue, I'm going to ask for a refund and not register the software.  To me, every version since 6.0 has been a disaster and requires far more resources than necessary.  Thanks for your help!
Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 6,537
Country: USA

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

Hello jthettn,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your ACT! calendar. Please see your Private Messages in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Re: Act! 2010 Calendar

The problem seemed to be a corrupt 'my record' / user and I seem to have resolved the problem as follows:

 

  • Created a copy of the database and created a new user with administrator rights in the new file
  • Deleted the original / corrupt user and all records associated with it
  • Imported all records from the original file
  • Deleted the duplicate 'my record'
  • ....and the calendar seems to work fine

 

The only glitch I had is that not all of my groups were imported properly and some were blank with no members...so I did another import of 'groups only' and specified the source file should control conflicts...and all is well.

 

I hope this helps others who may experience this issue.