Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 2010 Calendar view only mini calendars for 2020

Act 2010 Calendar view only mini calendars for 2020

[ Edited ]

Sorry guys, but I am back. I have the old problem of Calendar view only showing the mini monthly calendars. I can't through any tab or command change the view. I have read other past posts about the problem that suggest changing the dpi settings on laptop screens (I have a desktop) and deleting preferences (Which I did but no joy). I realize I am working with an older program, but are there any ideas out there how to resolve this? The calendar was working fine for a couple of weeks then today it is changed. Do I need to rebuild my preferences file again? This is a surprisingly quirky program.  And the history and other tabs on the opening contact page have slipped down another inch.   Thanks again in advance. -Bob

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Act 2010 Calendar view only mini calendars for 2020

Hi Bob

What windows system are you on?

Administrator

Hi Bob,

It sounds like the mini calendar bar has been stretched completely over to the left side of the screen. Try adjusting the size of the left sidebar to see if you can find the left side of the mini calendar, then drag it back over to the right side of the screen.

Hi Chip--

I am running Windows 7 Pro, fully updated, same as my laptop which is running Act2010 fine.--Bob

Hi Gary--

I tried your suggestion but without any luck. All I can move is the listing on the left side for choosing various screens to see. On the right side of the screen there is a ">>" symbol which allows one to move up in years with the mini calendars but there is no such button on the left to go the other way.  I am stuck in 2028. Tried calendar preferences but they offer no help. Also had an unusual occurrence: a couple of times just now while in Act 2010 my screen went completely black, and once defaulted to a safe more type screen, but then recovered. I wonder if some how Act 2010 is making my system unstable. My Event Viewer shows no issues though. Do you think it might help to reinstall Act2010? Everything worked fine for a few weeks (other then the earlier issues you helped on).  Or might it help to rebuild the preferences file? Good ol' Act2000 seems to keep running fine.--Bob

[ Edited ]

I also tried opening the Act demo database and it also showed the mini calendars.  Then I reopened my normal database and besides still showing the mini calendars, the tabs section on the contacts page had again slipped down out of sight, as noted, like a loose pair of pants falling down. I raised it up a you had suggested. But this sure seems like a strange quirky program.  As noted, I don't seem to be having these issues with the laptop. When I open up calendars there, I get the current month as planned. It's almost like something in my PC Windows 7 program is affecting Act 2010 in a way that the laptop's W7 isn't. Puzzling. Lastly, I tried searching for similar situations (and found many) but when I tried to access the provided knowledge base articles I could not get them.  --Bob

Administrator

Hi Bob,

Could you take a screenshot of the calendar issue and post it here?

If you find Knowledgebase article links that aren't working, they will most likely be old sage link. You can still view the articles by searching http://kb.act.com for the article number.

Hi Gary--

I'll try the knowledge base suggestion you made. and here is a screen shot of the mini calendars. This comes up when I click on the calendar button on the left side and cannot be changed.--Bob

Bronze Super Contributor

In case I missed something - Does it work normally for the current year as I see all examples are 2020 and beyond?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure why this happens, but it does appear that the frame in which the mini calendar appears has been stretched off the left side of the Act! window, outside the bounds of the the containing window. 

There's two ways to get this back, depending on how 'far' it has been stretched.

The manual method:

Strech out the Act! window, going offscreen to get to the point where the mini calendar frame has been stretched to. I've made a screen recording of this with Act! v19:

The preference reset method:

Follow the Knowledgebase article below, using the steps under the heading "Manually Rebuilding the Preferences".

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

This should reset it back to the default position.